- In order to provide you with the full range of services on the Site, we are sometimes required to collect information about you. We will use any personal information collected from the Site in accordance with all laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal data including the Data Protection Act 1998 (as may be amended) (the "Data Protection Act"). Further details on the Data Protection Act can be found on the Information Commissioner's website (www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk)
- Personal information you are asked to supply during your use of the Site including that you supply voluntarily as part of the registration process and any other information relating to your Contributions ("Your Data"), will be used by us, our group companies, service providers and other organisations and by subcontractors, employees, agents and advisors (including legal advisors) as follows: (i) to administer your Membership; (ii) for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 10 below); and/or (iv) as set out on the Site or the Terms. In addition, we may at our discretion disclose this information to the police, regulatory bodies or any legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms by you or otherwise where required by law.
- The information collected on the Site includes:
- Users' Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which are automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet and are used by us to observe users' interest in this Site (number of visits, etc).
- Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer or other device and used to track user navigation around a website. Session cookies are also used to store information on which content, including advertisements, have been seen by a user. Some areas of the Site also use persistent cookies which are permanently stored on the users' computer. We will use such cookies to identify unique users to the Site. They are not cross-referenced with any other information such that an individual person could be identified.
- Cookies also allow us to make our sites more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site.
- Disabling/Enabling Cookies - users have the ability to accept or disable cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. Disabling cookies however may mean that some functionality of the Site may be affected. For further directions on how to disable cookies please click here for the Interactive Advertising Bureau's guidelines: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html.
- There are opportunities on the website to receive e-mail communications providing you recipes and alerting you to news as fully explained before you subscribe. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by replying to the email using the "unsubscribe" link.
- If you are 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian's consent beforehand whenever you provide personal information on the Site.
- We will hold your Data for as long as is necessary and reasonably required for the relevant service or purpose.
The CiaoGusto website is a secure website. Every time you enter an area of the site that carries or requires sensitive information such as your credit card details, an icon resembling a padlock will appear at the bottom of your browser window. This is an indication that the site is secure: We use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Private Communications Technology security standards that are supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later and other popular browsers. SSL encodes your personal information and all your transactions are protected by the powerful SSL encryption technology.
Data Protection Notice
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. By using the CiaoGusto website generally you agree to this use.
- When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfill our agreement with you.
- We may use information you provide or is obtained by us:
- To register you with our website and to administer our website services;
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services, which we think will interest you from the information we have.
- To provide you with our newsletter if you have opted-in to receive it. We will always provide you with the option of un-subscribing within each newsletter sent or you can unsubscribe here.
- For the prevention and detection of fraud.
- We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- To our employees and agents to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by us now or in the future.
- Agents who profile your data (which cannot identify you personally) so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs. We may also disclose your information:
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- In order that we can monitor and improve the website, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version and the web site you visited prior to our site.
- We may supplement the information you provide to us with information we receive from third parties.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
- You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
What are Cookies?
Cookies ore text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit our website. Cookies do lots or ditterent jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
As with many websites, we also use Adobe Flash Player to deliver video content to you. Adobe utilise their own cookies also known as Flash Cookies, which are not manageable through your browser settings but are used by the Flash Player for similar purposes, such as storing preferences or tracking users. Further details and instructions to remove this cookie can be found here: How can I prevent Cookies being used?
When you first visit our website, unless you change your Cookies Settings, we will continue to set all Cookies on your device. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by cliddng 'help" on your browser's menu or by visiting weeveallaboutcoakies.org. You can also find information in our cookies table to the right regarding disabling specific cookies.
However, please be aware that should you choose to disable cookies it may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and some of the website may fail to work
When someone visits our website we collect standard Internet log information. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. We collect this Information in a way which does not identify anyone.
We also allow cookies to beset by a number of independent measurement, advertising and research companies.
These companies read and write their own cookies onto your devices. For example, these cookies are used to track the adverts and keep count of the number of times that each advert is viewed by users. We use this type of information to help improve the services the website provides to you and help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through any of the website, we will be up front about this. We will make it dear when we collect personal information and will explain what we Intend to do with It.
Information Commissioner's Office www.icoov.uk
Aboutcookies.org WW.Gb cutcoDkiesorg
All About Cookies keeeva II aboutcookies.org